Extension of the openHAB app
If something is anotated with "RS", then this is the opinion of René
Make a new page on the current (and other) activities. The following elements should be shown:
- Current activity, in the example "Lernen"
- Add a button to mark the activity as wrong, and post this update back to the system
- A list of items relevant for this activity, in the example "Schreibtisch", "Arbeitszimmer", etc.
There should be a way to change to other activities and display. We decided to use (some kind of) horizontal scrolling to change the currently selected activity. When the activity is changed, all relevant items must also be updated. It should also be made clear, what activity is the current activity.
An open question is, how the items should be rendered. There are possibilities:
- Just display the name of the item
- Display the name of the item, along with its state (as a String)
- Reuse the same gadget as in the basic openHAB activity, e.g., three sliders for a colored light (this is the original proposed design, but can be difficult to implement)
- Additionally make the item clickable to switch to the basic openHAB activitiy for this item, thus be able to change the state (this can be combined with all former possibilities)
Another open question is what state of the item should be display, i.e., whether the current state or the state at the time of the recognition is used ("preferred state").
- Using the preferred state makes changing the item state hard, because then some items may show an preferred state and other the current state
- Possibly, the elements to display the state can be set to "read-only" to avoid this problem
- Using the current state, this will be confusing or misleading when viewing activities other than the current one.
- A hybrid approach could (RS: as always) be good, i.e., display the current state for the current activity and the preferred state for other activities
Futhermore, there is no one preferred state as the preference is dependent on some other sensor value.
RS: Therefore, it should be the best not to use preferred state, but for now use the current state for all activities.
It was decided to remove the buttons at the top (as there is already a menu, and settings in the main openHAB app), and to remove the button at the bottom (as it is semantically equivalent to the back button).
- Display the date of a recognition in a nicer format, e.g., "2018-Nov-23 14:03:00"
A possible way to make the cards clickable is to switch to the "Activity" page for the activity detected by this recognition.